COVID 19 Response
First, we hope this post finds you well during this time. We are writing this to inform our community of our response to the COVID-19 outbreak and how it is affecting our services.
Our nursery and our planting events are both closed to the public during this time. We miss you all and cannot wait to have the usual Tuesday and Sunday nursery days and the planting events open to the public again, but for now this is the best way we can do our bit to protect the community and our staff.
But the good news, we are still planting! A small crew from RN is still carrying out the plantings that have been funded by our partners. Only a small few of us attend the property to be planted. We are taking the following measures to do this in the best possible way:
- 2m spacing between all RN staff and between staff and landholders
- Wearing gloves while working
- Limiting contact with landholder property such as fences, equipment, pets etc. to limit any spread
- Ceasing attendance if we are ill or presenting any symptoms or in contact with anyone presenting symptoms
- Only staff who live together travel in trucks together.
RN is following all national and local government guidelines to ensure our practices comply with necessary and enforced measures. We receive regular advice from Professor McLaws of UNSW, epidemiologist and infectious diseases specialist, on how we can improve our practices during this time. For any concerns or questions please contact us directly.
Be safe. Support each other.